Introduction to CBD
In recent years, Cannabidiol has gained more popularity due to increased interest in its potential benefits, prompting further research work.
CBD- Cannabidiol is a chemical compound derived from the Cannabis Sativa plant popularly known as hemp plant or marijuana. CBD is the second most abundant chemical substance in the hemp plant after tetrahydrocannabinol.
CBD is widely known as a naturally occurring substance used in producing a wide spectrum of products that include oils and edibles that deliver a range of feelings such as therapeutic relief, calmness, relaxation, and lots more. Because CBD might contain so many beneficial properties, it has the potential to become an important medical substance in the near future. As noted, CBD may have the following properties:
- Anxiolytic (anti-anxiety)
In an actual sense, the hemp plant is made up of over one hundred different chemicals, but two main chemical substances- CBD (Cannabidiol) and THC (Tetrahydrocannabinol) have taken the spotlight. THC is the active component of the hemp plant that causes the ‘high’ feelings. Unlike THC, CBD is not psychoactive, meaning that you won’t have any effects like euphoria, intoxication, or ‘highness.’ Likewise, you won’t feel sedated or altered in any way. Although these statements are true, they are subject to an individual’s body reaction to CBD. Hence, when taking CBD for the first time, do so safely, minimally, and under supervision.
Reefined CBD is gotten from organically grown hemp plants in Colorado, processed and obtained through strict organic practice.
Health Benefits of CBD
There is a growing awareness of the possible health benefits of CBD products. With further research, the benefits of CBD products will be confirmed.
At Reefined CBD, our products come in the form of tinctures, tablets, and gels, which can be taken orally or applied on the skin. It is advisable to talk to your doctor before using any CBD product as a precaution against any negative side effects.
Below are the probable health benefits of CBD.
- Anxiety relief: CBD may help you manage anxiety. Researchers believe that it may change how brain receptors respond to serotonin, a chemical linked to mental health. One study found that a 600mg dosage of CBD helped people with social anxiety give a speech. Other studies carried out on animals revealed that CBD might help relieve anxiety by:
- reducing stress
- decreasing physiological effects of anxiety, such as an increased heart rate
- inducing sleep in cases of sleeplessness or insomnia
- improving symptoms of PTSD- post-traumatic stress disorder
- Anti-seizure: CDB has been in the news for a long while as a possible treatment for epilepsy. Although in-depth research is still in its early phase, there is no doubt about CBD’s efficacy in treating seizures. Researchers are currently testing the quantity of CBD will effectively reduce the number of seizures in people with epilepsy and how safe it is. The American Epilepsy Society states that cannabidiol study offers great hope for seizure disorders and that further research is being conducted to understand safe usage.
- Neuroprotective: Researchers are looking at a receptor located in the human brain to learn how CBD could proffer solutions to people leaving with neurodegenerative disorders, which are diseases that cause the brain and the nerves to degenerate over time. CBD may also reduce the inflammation that can make neurodegenerative disorder symptoms go worse. Researchers are currently studying the use of CBD products in treating:
- multiple sclerosis (MS)
- Alzheimer’s disease
- Parkinson’s disease
- Pain relief: There is a huge possibility that CBD products can help alleviate a wide spectrum of pain, including muscle pain, MS pain, chronic pain, arthritis, spinal cord injuries, etc.
- Anti-acne: The effects of CBD on receptors in the immune system may reduce overall inflammation in the body. In turn, CBD may offer benefits for acne management.
- Cancer treatment: Some early-stage research has revealed the possibility of CBD preventing the growth of cancerous cells. The NCI- National Cancer Institute believes that CBD may alleviate cancer symptoms and cancer treatment’s side effects. However, NCI does not endorse or recommend the use of CBD products for cancer treatment.
Note: As the FDA does not currently approve CBD as a viable treatment for any illness or disorder, prospective users must exercise caution and discuss with their physicians before opting to use CBD products to treat any medical condition.
Generally, the benefits of CBD products mentioned above are still subject to further research to prove their usefulness beyond a reasonable doubt.
What make us different?
At Reefined CBD, we pay meticulous attention to the entire process that leads to the production of each product we offer through our online store. The following points set us apart from other brands.
- Our hemp plants are grown in the best natural fields of Colorado, sourced for their richness and lush appearance.
- The plants are processed under natural conditions, with no chemical additives.
- Our products are purely CBD, containing -0.3% THC
- We use the CO2 extraction method to extract CBD in its purest form.
- As the relevant government agency (FDA) does not approve or regulate CBD products, Reefined CBD products are lab tested and confirmed to be GMO-free.
Despite being a subject of continued research by various research institutes and organizations, there is no doubt about the potentials of CBD products.
Reefined CBD is committed to providing high-quality products derived from CBD to customers through the website. You can visit our website for the full description of each product.
For more information about CBD, kindly contact us at: email@example.com